Complaint: On Saturday, April 11, 2009, my husband and I were traveling to Michigan to visit parents for the Easter weekend. We stopped at the McDonald’s on the Chicago-Skyway for something to eat and coffee. We stopped there for convenience and knowing that the McDonalds name has a good reputation – we would have no problems. Driving along further on our trip, my husband swallowed a solid substance while drinking the last of his coffee. He hands me the cup, I remove the cover and inform him that there are worms in his coffee. There were two worms in the inch or so of coffee left. Pictures attached. After many calls to your Call Center and the Skyway Franchisee, we have had no satisfactory resolution to our unsavory and unsafe worm incident. The Call Center refers calls to the Franchisee, and we get to talk to a younger girl, telling us she is not admitting to putting any worms in our coffee. She also stated she is new at this and doesn’t know what to do. We never implied that – we would only hope that the employees did not spend all day putting worms in coffee cups. My husband and I are middle aged professionals; he has been with major hotels as GM for 30 years and now management with Boys and Girls Club, I am in marketing and training with a non profit. We know the importance of customer service and are appalled number one, that this happened and number two, that nobody responds or cares. We do not know what the worms are – could be tape worms. My husband went to our doctor and the doctor gave him what symptoms to look for over the next few weeks. We did not want anything from McDonalds at first and at that time we were just trying to let them know about the worms, so the issue could be rectified before anyone else was affected. This is not acceptable by any means and should not happen to anyone. The McDonalds Call Center tells us they are not responsible because it is a franchisee. They did tell us a Regional Director would call, that never happened. Even after several calls to the Corporate office by us. The franchise owner rep called after five days and was not the least bit interested. The franchise owner’s rep said her insurance company would call us and they never did. The franchise owner’s rep did not even ask to see the worms to find out what they were. She said she had been out of town and had no cell phone. ( I have no idea what that has to do with the situation ) We have ceased stopping at Mc Donald’s here in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, where we reside. We never spent thousands at these locationsbut we entertain our grandchildren often..so we spend $ 100.00 a month or so, on the average. Our Grandchildren did not find the worms amusing. Neither did their friends. Word of Mouth is a powerful venue in marketing as is the internet. It is very sad that it took three phone calls from the franchise rep before we got an apology. That and a free cup of coffee would have been enough. But now.it appears that Mc Donald’s and the Franchisee..will not pursue the issue of worms in food & beverage products at this location. They were not even interested to find out what kind of worms and if they are harmful or deadly. Did not want the pictures nor the frozen product. We did contact the health department after no one else seem interested. I received a call from the Food Protection Division as they wanted the remainder of the photos and some more information. They were the only people that were concerned. Customer Service apparantly is not their priority nor keeping customers. Lshriver Sheboygan, WisconsinU.S.A.
Tags: Fast Food Restaurants
Address: 8871 S. Kingston Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.