Mauritius Island Other

Complaint: Mauritius Island (Ile Maurice in French) is a small island to the east coast of Madagascar Island that belongs to the African continent. Our story include: We have been in Mauritius few months now, and soon after our arrival, we got involved in a business project that lasted couple of months, to be left ripped off and conned by local Mauritians and thieves. Project loss estimated at Rs 1.3 million Mauritian rupees (approximately $43,000 US Dollars). In brief, commercial sales and rentals are excessively inflated on purpose, because they believe, us Investors/Foreigners/Expats coming to settle by what they claim ‘Paradise Island’ are ‘Cash Cows’ for the taking, by crook con procedures, any means possible, get rich quick schemes, examples that ask for sums paid in Cash vs. Checks and/or Bank Transfers, in the hope goes undetected by the Nation’s Revenue authorities. Yet our Con knew beforehand we would get in this dilemma and once we reached their desired expectations, DARED ask us to have share in the business investment/operations, waiving months of rental, as the desired goal, you would agree, an active shareholder, voice in business policies and the like etc… which then did not match our criteria. After our loss, we met two other fellow businessmen who also suffered ripping robbing off status by fellow local con Mauritians and thieves. A wise man told us that 90% of the country are basically Crooks and the other 10% are Sane. The bottom result, we are following up trying on making our loss! Lawyers in Mauritius get paid upfront, and still costs much to hire an attorney and file a law suit, yet results can swing either way! On top of our losses, still have to pay lawyers non-promising fees! Not long ago, there was also an article written in Creole in one of the Local Newspapers, 6000 Investors not having their occupation permits renewed for the very reasons mentioned above. Mauritius as a country must conduct better due Diligence and Standards on its citizens, if they were to aim as a nation for better fruitful results. Going it AS IS, will only destroy the country’s futures economy. Business people are getting awaken up by other peoples’ ordeals! Our Message to you Today is simple, Global Investors/Expats BEWARE! If you still insist coming on to Mauritius, live the country first hand without getting involved, do your SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats) analysis, BEWARE professionals i.e. Lawyers, Accountants, public servants etc… as some are eagerly looking for a discrepancy in about just anything, would cost you extra undetected Cash lump fees to straighten. Do and Invest in your Research, due Diligence, Scrutiny at EVERY ANGLE before start up. And Good Luck, God Bless!

Tags: Restaurants

Address: grand bay Internet United States of America



Share Review:
Yes it is. Based on the user review published on, it is strongly advised to avoid Mauritius Island Other in any dealing and transaction.
Not really. In spite of the review published here, there has been no response from Mauritius Island Other. Lack of accountability is a major factor in determining trust.
Because unlike, other websites get paid to remove negative reviews and replace them with fake positive ones.
Mauritius Island Other is rated 1 out of 5 based on the reviews submitted by our users and is marked as POOR.
Never trust websites which offer a shady ‘advocacy package’ to businesses. Search for relevant reviews on Ripoff Report and Pissed Consumer to see more unbiased reviews.