Geary was also accused of failing to amend his Form U4 to disclose three tax liens.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that John Geary exercised discretion without written authorization. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
John Geary (CRD#: 853462) was registered as a broker with LPL Financial from September 2007 until April 2019, when he was discharged following allegations that he exercised discretion in a non-discretionary account.
Geary has two other disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
October 2020 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Geary consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he exercised discretion without written authorization and effected a stock sale in a customer account. The findings stated that Geary sold shares of a stock from a customer’s brokerage account without discussing the transaction with the customer on the date of the trade. The findings also stated that Geary willfully failed to timely amend his Form U4 to disclose that he was the subject of three tax liens, totaling approximately $146,000.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- Amount: $5,000.00
- Sanctions: Suspension
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities
- Duration: 30 days
- Start Date: 10/19/2020
- End Date: 11/17/2020
- Sanctions: The settlement includes a finding that Geary willfully failed to disclose a material fact on a Form U4, and that under section 3(a)(39)(f) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Article III, Section 4 of the FINRA By-Laws, this omission makes him subject to a statutory disqualification with respect to association with a member.
July 2000 Customer Dispute
- Status: Closed-No Action
- Allegations: Clients allege unauthorized purchase and omission of material facts.
- Broker Comment: A. G. Edwards wrote to client to advise CD is currently trading above price client initially paid.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that John Geary exercised discretion without written authorization. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.